The title is from Jason Mraz's The Sunshine Song - I was listening to that song yesterday on the commute home, and I just happened to love that phrase in the song.
I need opinions at the bottom of this entry, so you can skip through all this and go to the bottom if you'd like!
I'm thinking that this month is all about practicing compromise, tolerance, and acceptance..to embrace versatility and the possibility of ever-changing schedules and timing obstacles. Punctuality has always been one of the top values for me, and the thought of being late is one of the major stressors of my life, I swear, I get nightmares about it every once and a while. No worries though, so far, they've remained just dreams, because I do overestimate the time I need and I'm usually 20 minutes earlier than I need to be.
Nonetheless, the commute to school is going to force me to be ultimately prepared and to be able to think on the spot and face possible mistakes with makeshift mends with what I do have.
I have to say though, this extra challenge kind of makes life right now more exciting..school is back to being exhilarating and stressful, just with this first week. I'm sure many would agree.
Here's just a mini look into what my classes are about..
For my linebuilding class, which I need your opinions for, I have to create a mini collection of 4 accessories. I'm currently still deciding on what to do, leaning towards one theme of the 50 sketches I had done for homework. All of the students are going to be having a one on one consultation with our professor on Monday, and also getting feedback from the rest of the class. It's a chance to do something I really want to show, and I know I'll have to work terribly hard to make this happen.
I'm also taking an Experimental Screenprinting class which i'm SUPER excited for. My art can start appearing on tshirts, bags, etc. and this whole process is just a foreign medium to me, but it's also something I think will be useful for the future.
Decorative Leather is also another class I'm taking, which I wish I had taken semesters ago. I could have definitely used the techniques and newfound creativity on stuff I could be doing for my collection, but never late than never!
On Wednesdays, I have my Portfolio class, which is holy sh*t hardcore, but I know our very eloquent, professional, and encouraging professor will make me want to be better and push me to do better just based on his words. The minute we stepped into class, he gave us a test to design 4 accessories for Lady Gaga. Talk about on the spot pressure!
My last class is a Mayan Art & Civilization class which also makes me super excited. I really do love my liberal art classes because they make me feel like I'm really going to college for a while. This class is really interesting already, hehe and my professor has a slight british accent? It's pretty intriguing.
The stress sometimes makes me moody and want interns to do some of the work for me. hahaha, one day, one day!
In other news, I really have the urge to make a school bag for myself. A big canvas and leather mix of a large satchel bag so I can just carry one bag to school and put all my stuff in it. I really want to do it, when I have time, so I'll keep you guys updated if that ever happens.
OKAY, this is where you can come in to help me!
This is a preview into one of the possible choices for collection. I'm going on a 'layers of luxe' kind of idea, and where the shapes are mostly inspired by John Galliano for Dior's 2007 Madame Butterfly inspired gold jacquard dress.
I'd like your opinions on what color story you're more attracted to. Both options include a creme cow hide, and elastic. The first one features a taupey grey and a burnt taupey rose suede with cocoa brown elastic, while the second one has a grainy deer lambskin and rusty mauve suede with creme elastic.
Potential Option 1:
I believe the color is more correct in the second image.
Potential Option 2:
I'm getting to the point where I'm so torn and starting to not like either combination. AHH. I need my pieces rendered by Monday, and I don't know if I'll be able to do double! While I really like the first choice, I think I can see the second one more on accessories.
I'd appreciate your imput, but I'd like for you to keep in mind that it's always hard to match color leathers, and I can say that no, I don't have the money to have them custom dye my leathers. So, I have to work with what I've got!
many thankss and love.
Roblox Hack 2021 Cheats
5 years ago

Err...
ReplyDeleteWell, I don't really have much experience in things like this, but...darker colors have always been more appealing to me. So I'd go for the first one.
And Prof. Blume's accent is cool! I wish it were stronger...
Hmm I'd go for the first one too. More of a tonal range. But you're the expert! Trust your judgment. Both are nice, I love earthy tones. Are those your designs on the paper behind the swatches?
ReplyDeleteI noticed the faint intriguing accent as well. I like it. It's pretty eminent when she says "no" or "so".
See you soon, lovely.
Cassie
I say the first one but just a personal opinion. I don't really know much but I guess the first one caught my eye more.
ReplyDeleteI like the first one best too. And I thought our prof has a Canadian accent? I heard she might be Irish though. Who knows.
ReplyDeleteHer class scares me.
i like the first one but i also feel like the first one is kinda a popular color combination right now. i feel like the 2nd one more because it's a little different-er and more of a challenge.
ReplyDeleteg'luck!
SOOA
ReplyDeleteI like second one.. sorry If I make u confuse.
personaly, I prefer bright color. I think the grey and cocoa color don't go together very well in the picture(maybe color looks diffrent on my laptop. I pictured the colored-bag and I like second one.. Michelle, everyone loves first option and maybe that is the right color. Think them as ur customer. hehheh
La première option! I like how the colors offset and contrast with each other. Second combination seems a little conventional to me.
ReplyDeleteGiven the fact that, right now, the trend in style seems to be more neutral/nude tones, I'd say the second one fits in more with that category, and is more pleasing on the eyes.
ReplyDeleteThe first choice juxtaposes hues a bit - so it's a bit more haphazard; yet still very pretty.
I think it depends on what look you're going for. The first is more earthy; the second is more sophisticated. Personal preference, I think I like the second one more. :)