On the night prior to my birthday, my roommate and I began making a list of things to do and accomplish before my next birthday. While that list is so much longer...and much more entertaining, I condensed it into a more cohesive and shorter one for my resolutions.
I think they're pretty typical to the usual resolutions everyone makes, but here they are anyway.
1. Get in shape! Lose fat!
Be active: at least 1 hour of work out 6 days a week
(I'm being pretty lenient? But I feel like if I start of setting the bar too high, I'll be less reluctant to do anything..and surpassing expectations are always good? hahah, having been on vacation though, I don't think I've been true to it.)
2. Stay Positive
More smiles, and tears only for happy things!
(I think I already broke this one. Haha, it's okay, there's a continuous renewable aspect to these in my book)
3. Be more meticulous
Think about everything before acting upon anything. Be more neat and organized.
(Shoot, I made this same resolution last year. I think I improved, but there's always room for more!)
4. Fall in love with myself. Just kidding.
More like stop caring as much about what others think about me. Be more confident?
5. Take better care of my body
I don't think I eat unhealthily, but I'm talking about pampering where I'll be more diligent with my moisturizing, etc. I'm terrible with that.
we'll see how everything goes, I guess!
Anyway, I feel good vibes about 2010. I already started the year off pretty well I'd say, with my trip back to the motherland; Taiwan.
This year was different, I signed up for a camp that taught me all about Taiwan's history, politics, culture, and media. It was a really great experience because I've learned so much, saw so many beautiful things, and made some really amazing new friends. I think it was also an experience that allowed my level of independence to grow another step, because I've never been in Taiwan without family, even if it was only for 5 days. But after the camp, in which we were all so saturated in, especially without outside media, I met up with some of the friends, and actually navigated through Taipei alone to successfully meet them! It was really fantastic :]
Not to mention that I think vacationing in Taiwan for me is really such a luxury. All my meals were basically under $5, and amazingly delicious, and there's hair washing, great shopping, and family.

omg, your resolutions are like, PERFECT FOR ME i am immediately going to try to take yours to heart xD also, take me to taiwan next time?? i wanna live on less than $5 a day!!
ReplyDeleteLess than $5 a day sounds amazinggg. And Miss Yecca, I expect to see you this semester, along with Michelle!
ReplyDeleteYour resolutions are fab. As are you! =)