Sunday, November 15, 2009

second year

it's been a really long time since i last blogged, and i don't know what gave me this urge to make a post now. i guess a lot has been going on, non stop, mostly school related and i need something somewhat tangible to focus myself and look back on.

the first semester of my second year of college is almost over...it's the beginning of the end in a sense (well, once Thanksgiving rolls around, which is in about a week!)

I can honestly say it's been a really productive and knowledge-gaining couple of months, ever since the beginning of summer actually. The learning continues in this second-chapter, if you will, of my higher education, about the industry, the art i'm practicing, and about life in general.

I'm learning so much just from the girls i'm currently living with. They're both older and they're teaching me a whole lot about how to live, and just opening up my eyes to different things. It's really amazing how great they are too, being able to relate to them and to have these girls care as much about me as i them. I'm really going to miss them next semester, but I can tell we'll stay close. (I'm moving out next semester, more about that later).

Being a third semester in accessories, I guess I could say that I'm making more advanced things (belts and boots have been added to my curriculum), and sketching/rendering has been thrown into the mix. I'm really enjoying everything, and I can see my work improving a lot compared to last year. My designing abilities have really grown since this summer since my internship opened my eyes to many things. Here's a little glimpse of what I've completed:



What's to come:

A corset belt
2 self framed bags (i'm just being ambitious and greedy that i want 2!)
A pair of sandal boots

Unfortunately, my homework before the semester ends contains a lot more, along with the liberal arts!

Nonetheless, I've been feeling super grateful lately for the life I have, along with the fact that I'm doing something that makes me happy and i have friends and family here to support me. AHH for the future though, but that'll be another post.

2 comments:

  1. Lalala, when are you moving in? (:
    Ooh, corset belt. I'm excited.
    ... sandal boots too. Ahaha I've become such a shoe whore. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this entry. if i wasn't so busy, i'd write more. :)

    ReplyDelete