Sunday, May 17, 2009

cliche reminiscing

i can remember my first day at FIT like it was yesterday. well, no, not really.

But I do remember that the day I moved out of home and to FIT, it was an exciting day where I believe i was wearing a long white knitted v-neck tank, my marigold yellow Madewell 3/4 sleeve cardigan, blue skinnies, and gold flip flops. My hair was in a loose pony tail and i had a black headband on to control my newly cut bangs. Did I plan this outfit days in advance? I'm sure of it. I'm cheesy like that :]

I remember walking into my brother's room even though he was still sleeping and woke him up to tell him that I was leaving. He turned over towards me and said "ok, goodbye. I'll call you. have fun." that was the first time I wanted to cry.
I could spend another entire paragraph or more talking about the relationship my brother and I share, but that's a whole different entry to be shared later.

I was never upset about leaving home, I was ready to get out and start a new chapter.

Despite the madness at FIT that day with the thousands of students moving onto 27th street, I remember when Olivia and her parents first stepped into our new home, when I ran into my first friend Jason on steps of the C building (who I first started talking to online and established a no-expectation meeting), and when I first called him to start our adventure.

Then, we met some new friends...I think. Ok everything after that is just fuzzy.

My gold flip flops broke that day after my parents returned back home. Talk about symbolism of new beginnings.

That night, I was all alone because my suitemates went home and Soo A hadn't arrived yet. That was the first time I actually stopped feeling the excitement of the city and being independent. The Independence kinda got lonely.

All I had were the sounds of cars honking and people chatting outside. I found that puzzling since I'm on the 17th floor.

Luckily, I received an unexpected call from a really good friend, and we talked about everything as he made sure I was okay. It was my first night sleeping alone in my small dorm that became so large with just myself in it. I didn't know anyone around me, and it was still light on with all the lights of the city.

Really, I cant' believe how it's already been a year.
It's insane how fast the time has gone.

3 comments:

  1. looking good with the spelling thur. haha and that outfit thing? yes you would. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw you two minutes ago and said goodbye and it made me really sad. =( I love you and your bag and I can't wait for the Cohort collection! I miss you already and you should fly down to SC to hang out with me! You can meet my sweet southern boys!!! Anyway, Michelle ma belle, next year we'll have to go on plenty of field trips to a certain school...

    God this feels like a yearbook entry. I feel like I should write "OMG its been gr8! I'll miss u tons! U rock dont evr change!". Which I kind of did in the above paragraph, only without using those lame abbreviations.

    I'll miss you! We'll have to skype!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, wow, that's such a totally different (and more interesting) feeling of settling down and living in that kind of atmosphere.

    lol @ the 17th floor part.

    this is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete